Kennesaw State University values open, honest, and thoughtful intellectual inquiry, professionalism, collaboration, integrity and ethical behavior, engaged citizenship, global understanding, mutual respect, and appreciation of human and cultural diversity. These principles apply to every aspect of our community, whether on campus or online.
We welcome all opinions and encourage open discussion about the topics we post to our social media platforms. There may be social media comments posted to our pages that you or others do not agree with; those posts will remain visible in order to maintain transparency and promote constructive dialogue. However, KSU prides itself on offering a welcoming and inclusive environment and does not condone intolerant behaviors that suggest otherwise. Therefore, the university retains discretion to allow or disallow comments and/or posts for the safety, security and well-being of our community.
Posts and/or comments may be removed for any of the following reasons:
- The use of vulgar, derogatory, discriminatory, harassing or threatening language or obscene content
- Illegal activity
- Disclosure of information that is confidential by law or regulation
- Violations of intellectual property, copyrights or trademarks
- Advertisements or solicitations from external parties
- Endorsements or opposition of any person campaigning for election to a political office or promoting or opposing any ballet proposal
- Comments that are off-topic or irrelevant to the KSU community
- Duplicate comments by the same user or multiple users. In the case of identical comments, only the initial submission will be approved.
While KSU regularly monitors its social media accounts, we encourage all users to report posts or comments that violate our community standards.