Coronavirus (COVID‑19) Update
As part of the University's response to the coronavirus pandemic (COVID-19), we are suspending photography requests, including headshots, until it is safe to return to normal operations.
During this time, we are still available to assist in guiding you through the capture of photos using technology currently available to you as well as editing photos you might provide to us. Additionally, our Digital Media Library is available to search for and download photography and other brand assets at kennesaw.photoshelter.com. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or need creative solutions for capturing imagery during this time.
The Office of Strategic Communications and Marketing creates high-quality imagery that tells the story of Kennesaw State to a wide audience. Our photography visually depicts campus communications, leaps from the pages of KSU Magazine, and refreshes the websites and social media galleries clicked by thousands.
While our primary mission is marketing and communications for the University, Photography Services does offer a wide variety of professional photo services to our campus partners, colleges and units.
- Assignments from the Office of the President
- Faculty and staff headshots (Kennesaw and Marietta Campus studios)
- Official University-level events
- In support of marketing and communications efforts driven by Strategic Communications
- Photos of students participating in hands-on classroom/campus life/lab/internship activities
- Stories being covered by Strategic Communications and Marketing
- Documenting events that are historically significant to the University
- Portraits of faculty/staff/students for websites, research projects and publications
NOTE: There is no charge to an individual or department for these services.
Services we don’t typically provide coverage of but can suggest University-approved freelancers.
- Conferences, symposiums and other non-institutional events
- Departmental assignments or award ceremonies (these include, but are not limited to, speakers, dinners, awards, orientations, luncheons, receptions, retirements)
- Student headshots
- Group photos
- Passport photos
NOTE: Freelance rates typically start at $125 per hour with 2.5 hour minimum.
By law, subjects must sign model releases before photographic or video assets can
be used for any promotion of the University. Before your assignment or event, please
download the official release and be sure signed copies are made available to the photographer upon arrival.
A current selection of University images is available for download on KSU’s Photoshelter page.
Steps to Request Photography
1. If your projects meets approved criteria, submit formal request (two-week notice required).
2. We will contact you to approve staff or suggest freelance coverage within 48 hours.
3. Follow-up information might be requested concerning expectations, timing, props, etc.
4. After the event, images will typically be delivered in 1-3 working days.
5. Any freelance fees incurred will be billed to your department directly.
Faculty/Staff HeadshotsSubmit Photography Requests Online
Please use request link above to schedule your staff/faculty headshot.
Individual headshots are taken on the Kennesaw Campus the first Tuesday and the third Wednesday of the month. Appointments are set between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 11:00 a.m.; and 1:00 p.m. and 4:00 p.m. on the hour.
The Kennesaw Photography Studio is located on the fourth floor, Town Point (3391 Town Point Drive Northwest, Kennesaw, GA 30144). Please enter through doors to your right when stepping out of the elevator and follow the posted signage to the photography studio.
Individual headshots are taken on the Marietta Campus the first Wednesday and the third Tuesday of the month. Appointments are set between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 11:00 a.m.; and 1:00 p.m. and 4:00 p.m. on the hour.
The Marietta Photography Studio is located on the First Floor of Norton Hall, room
R2-101 on the Marietta Campus (920 Hornet Loop, Marietta, GA 30060).
Please contact Rob Witzel at email@example.com to discuss approved freelancers.
UITS has photography equipment available for checkout. E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.