Check the Digital Media Library to search for and download available photography and other brand assets at kennesaw.photoshelter.com. Please email email@example.com if you have any questions or need creative solutions for capturing imagery during this time.
The Office of Strategic Communications and Marketing creates high-quality imagery that tells the story of Kennesaw State to a wide audience. Our photography visually depicts campus communications, leaps from the pages of KSU Magazine, and refreshes the websites and social media galleries clicked by thousands.
While our primary mission is marketing and communications for the University, Photography Services does offer a wide variety of professional photo services to our campus partners, colleges and units.
- Assignments from the Office of the President
- Faculty and staff headshots
- Official University-level events
- In support of marketing and communications efforts driven by Strategic Communications
- Commercial photography for marketing campaigns to promote the University
- Photos of students participating in hands-on classroom/campus life/lab/internship activities
- Stories being covered by Strategic Communications
- Documenting events that are historically significant to the University
- Portraits of faculty/staff/students for websites, research projects and publications
NOTE: There is no charge to an individual or department for these services.
Services we don’t typically provide coverage of but can suggest University-approved freelancers.
- Conferences, symposiums and other non-institutional events
- Departmental assignments or award ceremonies (these include, but are not limited to, speakers, dinners, awards, orientations, luncheons, receptions, retirements)
- Student headshots
- Group photos
- Passport photos
NOTE: Freelance rates typically start at $125 per hour with 2.5 hour minimum.
By law, subjects must sign model releases before photographic or video assets can be used for any promotion of the University. Before your photography session or event, please complete the official release.
A current selection of University images is available for download on KSU’s Photoshelter page. To learn more about how to access this archive, please review this tutorial video:
Steps to Request Photography
- If your projects meets approved criteria, submit formal request below (minimum two-week notice required).
- We will contact you to approve staff or suggest freelance coverage within 48 hours.
- Follow-up information might be requested concerning expectations, timing, props, etc.
- After the event, images will typically be delivered in 1-3 working days.
- Any freelance fees incurred will be billed to your department directly.
As part of our response to the current coronavirus pandemic, we have closed our headshot studio on the Marietta Campus. We are temporarily using a larger space in Kennesaw (TP4130) that supports social distancing and a touch-free experience. Part of these precautions are to ensure the highest level of safety as subjects will be asked to remove their masks while photographs are being captured.
Please note that the University has rebranded the look of our headshots and will now be using a modern gray background rather than the legacy gold.Submit Photography Requests Online
Please contact the photography team at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss approved freelancers.
UITS has photography equipment available for checkout. E-mail email@example.com.